- Client: Santiago Aqueduct and Sewer Corporation (CORAASAN)
- Date: April 2015 - April 2018
- Contract: US$ 1,296,956.76
- Associated consultant: N/A
This treatment plant has a capacity of 23 million gallons per day and serves a population of 300 thousand people. The storage tank capacity is 2 million gallons. The plant is comprised of two modules of 500 l/s each and is able the perform processes such as quick mixing, hydraulic flocculation, laminate silting, downward rate filtering with mixed-bed units (sand and anthracite), direct filtering flocculation, a false bottom self-cleaning system as well as air and water cleaning.
It also as an automated console system and a PLC for valve operation, floodgates and dosing pumps. In addition, it features chlorine sensors which activate an alarm system when chlorine leaks are detected, as well as scrubbers that extract chlorine from the environment to be neutralized in the tanks containing caustic soda.
Services provided by the firm:
• Topographic studies
• Hydrologic studies and designs
• Sanitary studies and designs
• Electrical studies and designs
• Mechanical studies and designs
• Structural studies and designs
• Preparation of drawings and specifications
• Budgets and quantity calculations
• Construction planning and programming